Hurst’s response to COVID-19 in Australia
In this together.
The health and safety of our people, our workers and our community remain our priority in these unprecedented times.
As part of our business continuity framework we have developed a specific COVID-19 pandemic plan, which includes systems to manage COVID-19 risks in all our workplaces. Hurst is working hard to safely keep the construction industry open through the support of our clients, consultants, suppliers, and contractors to continue working consistently with the safety, social distancing, and hygiene measures now in place.
Hurst established several measures in our workplaces to minimise the spread of COVID-19 including:
- Managing illness and symptoms – we are advising workers to stay home if they feel ill or have symptoms.
- Screening for risks – we are directing all new workers and visitors to complete a self-declaration and advise us if:
- They are experiencing any symptoms.
- They have been, or have potentially been, exposed to a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or is suspected to have COVID-19.
- Giving regular briefings – we are reminding workers about social distancing guidelines and COVID-19 safety measures in on-site notices, inductions, pre-start meetings and toolbox meetings.
- Staggering breaks – we are staggering break times to limit the number of workers congregating in one area.
- Reducing face to face meetings – we have ensured our workforce have the resources they need to conduct meetings remotely where possible.
- Utilising outdoor spaces – we are encouraging breaks and workforce briefings to be held in large outdoor spaces where possible and applying social distancing.
- Encouraging personal hygiene – we have provisions for handwashing and encourage all workers to frequently wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
During these unprecedented times, it is paramount we work together to secure our industry.
For more information please contact us.